Hard Drive Recovery
Hard Drive Recovery -
* LaCie Little Big Disk * Apricorn Aegis Padlock * LaCie Fuel * Seagate Backup Plus Desktop *
* Apricorn Aegis Padlock SSD * G-Technology G-Speed * Monster Digital Overdrive *
* SanDisk Connect * Seagate Backup Plus Slim * Western Digital My Passport Pro * Etc. *
External hard drives are great for; storing tons of data, are very mobile, affordable, and easy to use.
But, having this mobile quality does invite, for some brute handling and rough treatments....
We've just about heard them all; "The baby picked it up and started banging it on the table," "The dog bit it and would not let it go," "I was walking by and my foot caught the cord," Etc., Etc.
Up to a certain point, these external units are made, to take a licking. But, keep in mind, these spindle driven hard drives (not SSD) are spinning at 7,200 revolutions per minute and have little arms (like the old record player arm, riding on the groves of a vinyl record, of past days) that are flying microns above hard drive surface platters, and any little bump can be disasters and cause a hard drive crash.
Other problems that can occur are;
- The spindle motor shaft can become twisted, to an angle, and is not perpendicular and this will cause synchronization issues.
- The head-stack assembly may get damaged and will need to be replaced.
- The head-stack assembly becomes affixed to the plater surface.
- There can be media surface damage and this will need to be overcome.
With over 15 years of hands-on experience, we've worked on thousands and thousands of these cases and have become very efficient in recovering from these types of failures and more.
When your unit takes a spill, DON'T TURN IT ON! Let the experts at Plan B Data Services take a look at it first.